Good evening guys!
Yet another baking post, as I mentioned in my Baking Brownies blog post I have been really busy making lots of lovely sweet treats.
Something I have never tried before are Chocolate Cherry Muffins so I thought I would give them a go, I love chocolate and I love cherries so it had to be a win win!
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 140g dried sour cherry
- 100g bar white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 100g bar dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 egg, beaten
- 150ml pot natural yogurt
- 100g butter, melted
Quick tip: I used glacé cherries instead of dried sour cherries and the muffins still tasted amazing.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with some paper cases. Sift the flour, and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl, then stir in the cherries, chocolate and sugar. Add the beaten eggs, yogurt and then the butter and stir to combine. It doesn’t matter if the mixture looks a bit lumpy, it’s more important not to overmix or the muffins will turn out tough.
- Fill the paper cases and bake for 20-25 mins until risen and golden brown. Transfer to a rack to cool.
That’s how easy they were! They are especially delicious if they are eaten still slightly warm as the chocolate is all gooey and melted in the middle, mmmm.
Thank you so much for reading, hope you enjoy making these beauties!
Lots of love, Laura x